The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Purchasing International Health Insurance when living abroad
Mar 14, 2006


I am considering moving from the U.S. to Argentina. Can you tell me whether or not there are international health care plans that might include coverage for HIV drugs. I take 3 medications Reyatasz, Norvir and Truvada.



Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am not familiar with coverage available through an individual policy while living outside the US. There is a program offered through BUPA International. However, I do not know the specifics of the benefits offered. They are headquartered in Brighton, UK. You could contact BUPA or HTH Worldwide, a company that is located in Radnor, Pennsylvania, to assist you in determining what might be available.

90 grace period
Letter of Reasonable Accommodation

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint