Life Insurance For HIV

Life insurance companies do not offer disease-specific policies and to tell people that there is a life insurance plan for those living with HIV is incorrect.There are life insurance policies available that do not require a person to answer any health questions or require a physical examination. A person also has to be 45 and over. The amount of coverage is small, between $10-20,000. To get to the application requires a person to leap through the hurdles of telephone representatives who are not licesned insurance agents, but only hired guns to answer the phone and take down personal information. I tried applying for insurance with one of the companies you claim offer insurance to people with HIV and was given the third degree. I called the company with the TV ads and was told I could get the insurance only if I joined their orgnization. So the information you're giving out is certainly no bargain.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am not telling people where to buy a life insurance policy that is disease specific. Nor am I telling them what levels of coverage are available or what questions they might have to answer or what health examinations they might have to take. I've been asked the question of whether or not there are any life insurance companies that will sell a life insurance policy to individuals who are HIV positive. That is the question that was asked and answered. I am aware of a few companies. As the companies that offer this coverage change their practice, I change the companies on my list based on the most recent data I have. Yes, they do have low face amounts, some have age requirements and some require membership in specific organizations. I know one that is only available to AARP members and I have disclosed that. However, depending on a person's situation, some life insurance is better than none. Therefore, I will continue to tell people which companies that I am aware of that will sell a policy to an HIV+ person. It is up to the person to determine whether or not the coverage offered is of value to him or not.

will my employer find out if I go on meds under their plan
Oklahoma Health Insurance