Worry sick help w/ HIPAA

My partner has health insurance through his employer and I am being added as a domestic partner. I'm HIV+ and recently had my individual policy canceled because the insurance company claimed (wrongly) that I was positive before the policy became effective and that I failed to disclose it to them. We are in dispute about this, but it is not yet resolved. I had that policy for 3 1/2 years before they canceled it. Will the canceling of my individual policy keep me from being added to my partners group plan? There was no break in coverage. Also, can they deny me coverage for being HIV+ ? I'm in Florida.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

The cancellation of your individual policy will have no impact on your coverage under your partner's plan as a domestic partner.

Cobra and HIV+ immigrant spouse
HR Personell has access to EOB's