|Life insurance question about Hep C in Canada (Employment)
Mar 10, 2006
I'm starting a new office job this week and will have to fill out a life insurance form that all employees are given. I recently tested positive for Hep C and am waiting for the next test to make sure I'm not a false-positive. If I answer "yes" to having Hep C, will my employer be able to find out? They also offer extra insurance, should I stay away from that benefit? I'm so nervous to chech this answer off!! I have no symptoms of Hep C.
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
I would not provide a direct answer to any question about an infectious disease. In addition, I would return your completed questionnaire directly to the life insurance carrier. Do not give it to your employer to submit. The insurance company has the legal obligation not to disclose any information re your health status to the employer, even if they deny you coverage.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.