Life insurance question about Hep C in Canada (Employment)

I'm starting a new office job this week and will have to fill out a life insurance form that all employees are given. I recently tested positive for Hep C and am waiting for the next test to make sure I'm not a false-positive. If I answer "yes" to having Hep C, will my employer be able to find out? They also offer extra insurance, should I stay away from that benefit? I'm so nervous to chech this answer off!! I have no symptoms of Hep C.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I would not provide a direct answer to any question about an infectious disease. In addition, I would return your completed questionnaire directly to the life insurance carrier. Do not give it to your employer to submit. The insurance company has the legal obligation not to disclose any information re your health status to the employer, even if they deny you coverage.

will my employer find out if I go on meds under their plan
supplemental insurand for medicare recipient