sorry to bug ya.

I wrote and got a response back about workplace issue with two people with box cutter injuries shaking hands one being myself.

1)why does transmission not happen this way?

2) what is considered fresh cut/sore open wound? and i know I hear stuff about the amount of virus in the blood and that its not the amount of blood but the virus' strength within the blood, so can a speck of blood in a cut transmit hiv?

I dunno if its anxiety or a phobia, but i am a 26 year old straight male that had recently an hiv test for the hell of it and it was negative and I have been abstinent for a long time,longer than the 3 months. I dont do drugs either. I have no clue what to do I feel like I got hiv from this guy from this dumb handshake that felt like it lasted forever. im scared nancy.

Response from Ms. Breuer

I'm sure I can't give you a convincing medical answer to why transmission doesn't happen this way, so I encourage you to take that question to a medical professional. You need an answer from someone you can look in the eye, because you're quite upset about this.

Please tell your doc that you're carrying around this fear. If your doc doesn't listen, please talk with someone else in the practice--a nurse, a physician's assistant. I don't think email is going to help you get over this, and I want you to be able to enjoy your life a lot more than you seem to be enjoying it right now.

There are no handshake transmissions of HIV in the 25 year history of the epidemic. But if you really are dealing with a phobia, you need more than that, and you need it in person. Please seek out a medical professional who will help you with this, okay?

what qualifies?
Thank you for making me hopeful for an answer...