Mar 6, 2006
Hi, I am an RN and was working as a travelRN, with excellent insurance when I was diagnosed. Recently, I have been approached by 2 hospitals offering applications. On both there was a question,"Have you ever been diagnosed with HIV-AIDS?",with a notation of couse that lying is a fireable offense and negates insurance. Is this legal. Thanks, DS
Response from Ms. Breuer
I'm curious about why they include the question, since turning you down for the job on the basis of your HIV status is definitely not legal. Since they approached you, I suggest that you respond honestly and then write, "My diagnosis does not interfere with my ability to perform the essential functions of the job." They approached you, so the ball is in their court.
Where can I get infromatin about 401K withdraws?
workers perception if working with a individual that has aids
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Antibiotics To Take For Gonorrhea?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Can You Transmit Hpv When You Have No Warts?
- Toxoplasmosis Natural Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.