Saliva Test

I'm looking to get life insurance; they require a saliva test, why?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Because they can. They're looking for HIV, and it's not precisely a saliva test; it's an oral test for HIV that takes a swab of cells from inside the cheek. If this is for individual insurance, which I assume it is, they have the right to base their acceptance or refusal of you on the results--because they can. If you are refused based on your HIV status, please write to Lynn Franzoi at this forum and ask her about insurers who cover people with HIV.

Heath Care Expenses-Employees Paying More
legal rights