Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ADA & Absenteeism Help Fast Please!
Mar 6, 2006

I posted another question as to my rights under ADA that has been unanswered. I have now been counseled again on my attendance, told that my job does not have to accommodate me because in order to do my job I must be in the office (which is not the case) and have allowed me to take a 2-week unpaid leave to "get well" and then return to work. Upon my return, I may only miss 1 full day every 30 days or I will be terminated. They refuse to accommodate me in any way because out of working there 6 months I have been absent 30 days, only 11 of which were covered by PTO. Please help me!

Response from Ms. Breuer

This probably isn't going to be resolved between you and them. YOu need an outside helping hand--EEOC is the first choice. A lawyer is the second choice. Please contact EEOC now and tell them what's happening. They are the agency charged with following up on compliance with the ADA.

Does your written job description say that you must be in the office to do your job? If so, you'll have a harder time. Continue to look around and expand your options. It doesn't sound as though it's going to be fun to continue to work for these folks.

Previous
situation with agency
Next
Country Change

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.