Pre Employment HIV Test

I was just recently offered a job with a very high profile company. I am pretty sure I do not have HIV or any disease, but I havent been tested formally. I just came back from giving blood and the whole works at their on site clinic. I was wondering, if for some reason there was a disease found, would I be denied employment? Wouldnt that be descrimination? I am a worrier so thats why I am asking. I live in Canada as well. Thanks for the help.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Here's what we know about this: In the U.S., it's illegal to deny employment to someone because of HIV infection. You Canadians have begun to leave us in the dust when it comes to sane public policy, as we get wackier every day. I'm willing to wager that a Canadian employer can't deny you a job based on your disability either.

If you've just given blood, the company that tests donated blood would have been required by law to notify you--confidentially--if any of the tests they run on donated blood had been positive.

You're fine. Take the job. And have a great career!

change in insurance with very some company
advice please