change in insurance with very some company

Hi, this site has been helpful in answering some of my concerns with the huge problem I have. My company is shopping for new health insurance to get a better rate. This company only covers 8 people. I found out in the summer of 2004 I was positive. I know have to disclose this on the application. The problem is that I really don't want the company to know I would rather drop my insurance. I have no clue how to get the application past our accountant and an owner goes over them for mistakes, last time we switched a man marked that he was pregnant. Could I call the company that submits the application and edit mine. I'm at a total loss here. If I bring mine in sealed they are going to wonder why. Help!! Thank you!!!

Response from Ms. Breuer

Who says you have to disclose your diagnosis on the application? It's 2006, HIPAA is in effect, and you have privacy protection.

Take the application to your health care provider. Ask that person to enter a note in any section where the application asks what meds you take, or what conditions you're being treated for. The note should say something like "X is under my care and does not have any conditions that would prevent him from fulfilling all essential functions of the job." Make sure it's clear who filled in those blanks--ideally with a one-sentence note on your doc's letterhead that says s/he filled in the blanks that carry his/her initials. Smile and submit the form. Your privacy remains intact.

They shouldn't push back. They're asking illegal questions if they demand diagnoses. Tell them the good news is that you're not a pregnant man.

ST Emp HIV+ ADA - HELP!!
Pre Employment HIV Test