Panic Attack: Possible Contact With A Customer's Blood

I work at a Movie Rental store and I found a stolen movie that I had no idea had blood on it until I was told by one of my co-workers who noticed it on the movie. I received a tiny cut earlier this week in the palm of my hand, before this incident but it wasn't bleeding during the incident. I immediately wash my hands with soap and water. My question is could I be at risk of getting a disease and how long does it take for blood to dry on an item? Thanks for you help

Response from Ms. Breuer

Yuck. Unpleasant, but not a risk for HIV. HIV deteriorates as soon as it hits oxygen.

If your cut had been open and fresh, there would have been a small risk of exposure to hepatitis B, which likes dried blood just fine, thank you. But it would have taken moisture (your fresh blood) and direct access to your open wound (which wasn't open anymore) to expose you to hepatitis B.

Good news. You've only been exposed to a thoughtless slob movie-user.

Intermitent FMLA denied!!!!!
?