Antibiotic Ointment?

Hi there, A couple days ago I cut my finger at work. When I went to patch myself up, I used some polysporin antibiotic ointment that was in the first aid kit. I put some on a band aid, and didn't think about it until a few days later. I'm worried that if someone applied that same ointment directly to a cut, and was infected with HIV or Hepatitus or something, that I could now be infected... ??

I've had STD tests done before, and really think I'm going to be worried about this for 3 months.... Can you ease my mind?

Sincerely, Corey

Response from Ms. Breuer

Ointment does not transmit HIV or hepatitis. Please put your mind at ease. If this sort of experience troubles you, next time squeeze out a tiny amount of the ointment onto a tissue and discard it so that the ointment you apply to yourself will not have touched anyone's finger or cut.

medical
Insurance Coverage