Mar 1, 2006
I have had 2 heart attacks,the last one 2 years ago. I had 10 week off work, then whent back to my full time work, doing the same job. my employer of 10 years now wants to contact my doctor for a medical report to see if i'm "fit for work" can he insist on this ? and who pays for the medical?
Response from Ms. Breuer
It's within an employer's rights to ask if an employee is fit for work. What the employer can't ask is the diagnosis. "Fit for work" is a yes/no question, and is permissible.
I'm not sure what you mean by "pays for the medical."
Health plan management
- Can You Get HIV From Sharing A Drink?
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Open Mouth Kissing
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- HIV Risk After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- HIV Risk Of Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.