Health plan management

Can a healthplan reach out to a member regarding their dx of HIV in efforts to provide case management. My fear is that once the employer knows the member's identity that member would face reprocussions.

Response from Ms. Breuer

I can't tell from your question what measures are in place to safeguard confidentiality. Yes, the health plan can, as far as I know, offer case management services to the individual. But I'm not sure how you get from that question to the assumption that the employer would know the member's identity. The employer should never learn the member's diagnosis from the health plan administrators. Why would the employer be involved? Can you help me understand the missing link?

medicare
medical