ER DOC AND DISABILITY

I just turned HIV positive and am an Emergency Room Physcian. Although the risk of transmission from myself to a patient is small (an accidental cut to my finger while suturing a paitents open wound, I am still concerned about the possibility. I have own occupation disability. Do I qualify even though I am healthy HIV positive.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Wouldn't you rather work than qualify for disability? You trained a long time for this! Your concern is realistic and laudable, and you are very smart to have "own occupation" disability insurance. But I'd hate to see you stop working over a theoretical accident.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to talk with an infectious disease doc about this (confidentially, of course) so you could talk through scenarios and possible responses. After a couple of weeks of golf, you'd be pretty bored, I'm guessing.

We need you. Please talk with the ID doc, or someone in a related specialty whom you trust.

legally lost
Police