|I was with someone who had passed away from AIDS but my test results keep coming back negative, it's been eight years since last contact.Does that mean I'm okay or it just as't showed up in my blood yet.
Mar 1, 2006
See title line
| Response from Ms. Breuer
Eight years? You can get a reliable HIV test after 8 months!
If you test negative, that means you were not infected in that encounter, fortunate soul. It's time to move on. Continue to take care of yourself and protect yourself from HIV infection, but you can let this question go now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does Is Take To Get An AIDS Test Back?
- If My Blood Test Comes Abnormal Should I Get An Hiv Test?
- Hepatitis Negative Blood Test Results
- Would My Obgyn Contact Me If My Hiv Results Came Back
- Early Signs Of Hiv Sore Throat After 8 Weeks
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.