Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am Scared Of HIV/AIDS
Feb 27, 2006

Hey there, i know this may sound very silly and dumb, but i am a very paranoid person. I worry about everything. I seem to be obsessed with HIV and AIDS. I isolotate myself as i am so afraid of getting the virus. If someone even pokes me in the back i get paranoid i have just been stabbed with an HIV infected needle! Do you have any advice that could make me see sense and not be afraid anymore ? I'm still at school too so that makes it alot worse for me. Thanks

Response from Ms. Breuer

For just a moment, let's ignore what the fear is about and concentrate on the destructive power of the fear itself. If you had an unmanageable fear of doorknobs or celery, what would you do? You'd get help, right? Because doorknobs and celery are facts of everyday life.

So is a world where there's HIV. Unmanageable fears can destroy a life. Please seek out a competent mental health professional and get the counseling you need to overcome this fear before it confines you to your home.

That you're still at school is GOOD news. Often there is mental health coverage available to students that other people do not have. Please act today. Life is too rich to allow this fear to run yours.

Previous
disclosure auto accident
Next
corporations vs FMLA vs pregnancy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.