I am Scared Of HIV/AIDS

Hey there, i know this may sound very silly and dumb, but i am a very paranoid person. I worry about everything. I seem to be obsessed with HIV and AIDS. I isolotate myself as i am so afraid of getting the virus. If someone even pokes me in the back i get paranoid i have just been stabbed with an HIV infected needle! Do you have any advice that could make me see sense and not be afraid anymore ? I'm still at school too so that makes it alot worse for me. Thanks

Response from Ms. Breuer

For just a moment, let's ignore what the fear is about and concentrate on the destructive power of the fear itself. If you had an unmanageable fear of doorknobs or celery, what would you do? You'd get help, right? Because doorknobs and celery are facts of everyday life.

So is a world where there's HIV. Unmanageable fears can destroy a life. Please seek out a competent mental health professional and get the counseling you need to overcome this fear before it confines you to your home.

That you're still at school is GOOD news. Often there is mental health coverage available to students that other people do not have. Please act today. Life is too rich to allow this fear to run yours.

disclosure auto accident
corporations vs FMLA vs pregnancy