|diagnosis / medical condition
Feb 27, 2006
when i call in sick and the employer is requesting a doctor cert with a diagnosis on it or medical condition, do I have to supply them with that information. I believe that violating mr privacy, HIPAA. Is there a law that protects me?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
Any medical note that your employer requires to cover an absence only needs to state that you are fit to return to work. The doctor who gives you the note should never state what you were treated for or what you have. Never. Yes, a note that gave your diagnosis would be a HIPAA violation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Disorders Cause Back Pain?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.