|diagnosis / medical condition
Feb 27, 2006
when i call in sick and the employer is requesting a doctor cert with a diagnosis on it or medical condition, do I have to supply them with that information. I believe that violating mr privacy, HIPAA. Is there a law that protects me?
Response from Ms. Breuer
Any medical note that your employer requires to cover an absence only needs to state that you are fit to return to work. The doctor who gives you the note should never state what you were treated for or what you have. Never. Yes, a note that gave your diagnosis would be a HIPAA violation.
exposure at work
HIV disclosure to HR on job
- What Are The Side Effects Of Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
- Type Of Doctor That Treats Gonorrhea
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.