Feb 27, 2006
I have a healing cut from a box cutter on my hand. like a day old. I accidentally shook hands with someone with the same issue. should Itest for HIV or am I being dumb? thanks alot you are awesome doing what you do here.
| Response from Ms. Breuer
A cut that isn't actively bleeding is not emitting anything that could infect anyone else. Even a handshake between box cutter victims would require both of them to be bleeding or presenting completely unhealed wounds to infectious blood to pose any risk of infection. You're not being dumb, but you don't need to be worried, either. No handshake infections in 20+ years.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.