Toilet Seat Question
Feb 27, 2006
I was in a public bathroom and noticed I had blood on my index finger when I washed my hands after doing my business. If I inadvertently touched blood in the bathroom and then proceeded to wipe myself, could I have been exposed to hiv if the blood was hiv positive? I usually bundle up some of the toilet tissue before I wipe myself but again don't know if I got blood on the toilet tissue.
Response from Ms. Breuer
HIV exposed to oxygen begins to deteriorate/inactive immediately. This risk is so remote that you may begin to stop worrying about it. Transmission requires immediate, intimate contact between the infectious fluid and a mucous membrane or break in the skin. Spilled blood requires great caution, but the scenario you describe would write medical history if it generated an infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.