Do I have to disclose?

Greetings Ms. Breuer, Although I understand it is very important to disclose to ones physician ones positive status, am I obligated by law to disclose to a dentist? I was discriminated against in an extremely embarrasing and humiliating way, and was hoping to just get a cleaning without going through the horrific experience. I have not had a dentist check me in over two years out of complete and utter fear. Your answer will be so greatly appreciated as I am aware that one should disclose, but can I chose to keep it to myself and protect my right to privacy? I love your forum and think it is wonderful to have someone like you on the side of the rights for positive people. God bless. Take care.

Response from Ms. Breuer

In today's issue of News at TheBody, there's a fabulous answer to this question from Dr. Bob Frascino that I could never dream of improving upon. Perhaps when I was slow to respond, you wrote to him. In any case, please check Dr. Bob's answers. He's right on.

mandatory HIV testing
Toilet Seat Question