|Can my insurrance Premium skyrocket now that I am positive
Jan 31, 2006
My partner and I are self employed and have a group policy. (both of us make up the group). We both recently became hiv +. can our insurance raise our rates because we are positive?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
It depends on how the insurance company rates you. Most likely, you are in a community-rated plan and you would be charged based on similar groups in your area. The cost is based more on actual claims cost than medical diagnosis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Chlamydia Cause An Abnormal Pap Smear?
- What To Look For When You Have An Hpv Breakout?
- What Does It Mean If I Test Positive For Herpes Antibodies?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Syphilis Chancre Sores And Tea Tree Oil
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.