SSN Disability

Was wondering where I might be able , or how do I go aobut filing for SSN disbility? I understand about paperwork but where can I go to get info on the in's and outs I was told to use a lawyer but there isn't anyway I could afford one. Of course I have enought money that I can use legal aid.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213. The SSA should be able to provide you with the necessary paperwork as well as the address of a local office where you could go to get assistance in filing for benefits.

HIPAA Insurance Cost?
Is COBRA a safety net for me?