The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SSN Disability
Jan 19, 2006

Was wondering where I might be able , or how do I go aobut filing for SSN disbility? I understand about paperwork but where can I go to get info on the in's and outs I was told to use a lawyer but there isn't anyway I could afford one. Of course I have enought money that I can use legal aid.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213. The SSA should be able to provide you with the necessary paperwork as well as the address of a local office where you could go to get assistance in filing for benefits.

HIPAA Insurance Cost?
Is COBRA a safety net for me?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint