term life insurance

hi how are you. i got my term life insurance last year. They tested me for hiv which was negative and i got my insurance. But somehow i Tested postive for hiv this year. i am scared if somehow i'll lose the insurane or the money if i died. i live in new jersey i do not if this matters.

Thanks for answering.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Since you were negative when you acquired the coverage, you should have no problem with your current life insutrance policy. Any medical condition that begins after coverage began and for which there was no record of prior to commencement of coverage would not impact this policy.

HIV+, Will I recieve Insurance at a new job?
cobra