HIV+, Will I recieve Insurance at a new job?

I am HIV+ as of March 04 and I am currently seeing my Dr. as scheduled. I reside in Fla and plan to relocate to the Illnois area. My concern is that I may be starting meds in the near future and If i do will that hinder my chances of being covered by a new employer insurance plan in Chicago? I am not sure how this works. I started my current job back in August 04 and I was HIV+; however, I have not commenced medication, so i have been able to see my PCP. Will all this change if i start meds and find a new Job?

Looking foward to a rapid response.

Thanks

Response from Ms. Franzoi

When you leave your current job, you should continue coverage through COBRA until you have coverage from your new job. As long as your new employer offers coverage under a group plan, you will be eligible for coverage regardless of any health conditions, provided you are employed in a class of employees to whom the plan is extendedand you enroll duyring the enrollment period. Once covered under the new plan, if it has a pre-existing condition exclusion clause, you will be able to apply your period of coverage under your prior employer's plan to this new plan's exclusion period (called Creditable Coverage) as long as you haven't had a break in coverage of 63 days or more. Your prior employer will isssue you a Certificate of Creditable Coverage. The new plan cannot have a pre-existing exclusion period that is greater than 12 months and Creditable Coverage from your prior plan must be applied towards that exclusion period.

Life Insurance For HIV/AIDS
term life insurance