Small Company Insurance Rates

I work for a small company (>50 employees). We recently got a group health plan. I am worried that if I get medications, my company's health plan rates will skyrocket and others will lose their insurance. I know this has happened in the past, but is it still happening today? Is it possible to get HIV medications free, even though I may have health insurance?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

With a small group plan, a rise in costs for a covered individual could drive the premium up. Whether or not this happens depends on the size of the group, whether the plan is community-rated or not, overall plan experience, etc. I do not know what the criteria is for free HIV medications.

medicare
INSURANCE AND FAMILY