What happens after COBRA period?

My former employer has allowed my continuation in the company's health insurance plan to continue, subject to annual review, for some years already. They have just informed me that I may continue another year, again stating that at the end of next year, continuation will be subject to review. I do plan to continue with my former employer's plan as long as possible. My question is if at some later date my former employer decides not to continue my participation in the firm's group plan, will I be entitled to convert to a HIPAA policy with the same company.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

As long as you don't have a break in coverage greater than 63 days, you would be eligible to purchase a HIPAA policy from any insurer that offers individual policies in your area. The HIPAA policies will vary by insurer but will not be the same plan you are covered under today even if it is the same insurer.

Help Please
Oxford group