The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jan 3, 2006

I have aids and am taking am taking trizivir and kaletra. My health care is through United Health care. I resigned my job on 12-9-2005 and understand that I will be able to continue through cobra. Once that ends what are my alternatives?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Once your COBRA ends, you would be eligible for a HIPAA policy through any insurer that offers individual policies as long as you don't have a break in coverage greater than 63 days.

life insurance

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint