COBRA will expire soon - work with one other person

I work at a Law Office and its only the Attorney and I am his Paralegal. I am nearing the end of my COBRA period which thankfully, has been paid by the State of Florida. Will it provide a hardship for my boss to enroll me in an insurance plan? I dont even know if it is a workplace policy or his individual. Living with HIV and getting a plan the covers a pre-existing condition to me seems as if it might be a higher than average policy premium... Is this true?? Thanks!

Mike Miami Beach, FL

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If the law office you are employed at has only two employees, the attorney and you, your employer probably has an individual policy for himself or has coverage through a professional organization for attorneys. If he has more employees, he might have a small group plan. The cost to add you to a small group plan would depend on the number of individuals covered and whether or not the plan is community-rated. Another option would be for you to purchase a HIPAA policy once your COBRA coverage ends. You would be able to purchase a HIPAA policy as long as you don't have a break in coverage greater than 63 days. HIPAA policies are more expensive than standard rated policies.

HIPPA and Medicaid
do I disclose HIV when applying for life insurance ?