Nov 29, 2005
This is a follow-up question on an recent answer from Ms. Franzoi. It is regarding HIPAA coverage for domestic partners. Based on her answer I would be eligible for HIPAA coverage if my partner dies. But my new question is do we need to be registered DP with the State of California or will the Los Angeles School District DP registation be sufficient?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
No. HIPAA (among other things) addresses the right to purchase an individual policy if you lose coverage under a group plan. This applies regardless of how you were covered under that plan, i.e., as an employee, a spouse, a dependent child, a dompestic partner, etc.
Physician's Mutual and Mutual of Omaha
- How Long Does Hiv Rash Last On Your Body?
- Is Hiv Spotted In A Physical Blood Test?
- Will A Person That Has Chlamydia Always Have The Disease?
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.