Physician's Mutual and Mutual of Omaha

Upon the suggestion of one of this forum's experts, I called both Physician's Mutual and Mutual of Omaha in search of STD insurance. Although neither of them conduct medical exams for coverage, they do ask specific medical questions which eventually preclude me from qualifying for coverage (e.g., what medications are you taking? what are those medications for?). If I were to answer these questions dishonestly, I may end up paying a premium for years only to be uncovered when/if I become disabled. I'm currently covered under a group LTD policy, but I'm still worried about how to pay my bills during the first part of the year should I become disabled. Do you have any other suggestions?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

No. I don't. Physician's Mutual and Mututal of Omaha offer life insurance to individuals who are HIV+. However, they do not offer diability policies. I am not aware of any insurer that offers short or long term disability ppolicies to someone who is HIV+.

Increase in coverage for LTD
HIPAA question