UNIMPLOYED AND UNINSURED

I HAVE NOT BEEN EMPLOYED FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE. IF I DO NOT DISCLOSE THAT I'M HIV POSITIVE,(ASYSTEMATIC), AND THEY INSURE ME, WILL I THEM BE COVER FOR HIV IN ONE YEAR THE EXCLUSION PERIOD? OR SHOULD I TAKE ANOTHER APPROACH. IF I DISCLOSE THAT I'M HIV POSITIVE WILL ANY ONE INSURE ME WITH AN EXCLUSION CLAUSE FOR A LIMITED PERIOD?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you apply for coverage and lie about your HIV status on the application, the insurance company could retroactively cancel your coverage. If you disclose your status, it could be difficult to find a policy. Your best options would be to either seek employument with a company that offers a group health plan to its employees and get coverage that way or speak with a local insurance broker to determine what might be available to you.

life insurance cancelled
HIPPA Coverage