Disability Info

Are you aware of how I could find out if it's possible to purchase individual disability insurance (income replacement coverage) for someone with HIV?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am unaware of any individual disability policies available to individuals who are HIV+. If you were to become employed by a company that offers a group LTD plan, you would be eligible for coverage regardless of your HIV status as long as you enroll within the initial enrollment period. Many group LTD plans provide some level of conversion on the coverage for individuals who leave the company but want to continue LTD coverage.

Disability Info
AB2205 & AB205