Nov 21, 2005
Are you aware of how I could find out if it's possible to purchase individual disability insurance (income replacement coverage) for someone with HIV?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
I am unaware of any individual disability policies available to individuals who are HIV+. If you were to become employed by a company that offers a group LTD plan, you would be eligible for coverage regardless of your HIV status as long as you enroll within the initial enrollment period. Many group LTD plans provide some level of conversion on the coverage for individuals who leave the company but want to continue LTD coverage.
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
- Are Night Sweats A Sign Of Acute Hiv Infection?
- Can Someone Get Hiv From Swallowing Semen?
- Diarrhea Vomiting And Muscle Pain Early HIV Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.