Superanuation

Hello, My partner has been positive for 16 years and I have just tested positive last week.We were both working full time jobs until a few weeks ago as my partner seems to be tired all the time has been seeking help for depression.He does intend to work again in a few months but is receiving sickness benefits at the moment.My question is, can we access any amount of our supperanuation due to our positive status without having to be on benefits for a period of six months or more. Am I allowed to access my super even though I am working and not receiving any benefits at this time.I'm sure my partner would benefit from receiving his super as he is always worried about money and I think this is one of his main reasons for his depression. Thank you. Chris.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am assuming that by superannuation, you are referring to a supperannuation retirment scheme, possibly in the UK or Australia. What benefits are available upon disability or while still employed would be addressed in the plan and in the plan summary that is given to participants. This would vary by plan, unless it is a provision that is mandated by law. I suggest you review your plan summary and if you cannot find an answer there, contact your human resources department.

Worried/Anxious RN
Disability Info