The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Doctor with HIV
Nov 10, 2005

Hey I am a doctor in SE Asia acquired HIV 4 yrs ago through needle stick.Now In US I wanted to pursue higher studies ,Will I be denied to enter into residentship b'cos of my HIV status Do u have any website or forum for DR's with HIV?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Immigrating to the US with HIV is indeed a problem. The problem is not the hospitals, but the government. I suggest thinking about a more enlightened country, perhaps Canada, for your higher studies.

Yes, there is a good Website for HIV+ medical providers. It is

HIV+ Massage Therapist
organ donation

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint