Oct 26, 2005
If a mother allows a family memeber with full blown AIDS to care for a toddler, is this an irresponsible action that puts the child at a high risk of HIV?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
No. If a family member remains ignorant of the facts of HIV transmission more than 20 years into the epidemic, potentially exposing a person with AIDS to discriminatory treatment by other family members, should that person be allowed around an impressionable toddler?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.