Lucy In Russia

Dear Nancy,

Hello this is Lucy Hartmeister- I took Training from you in Portland Oregon last January. I am currently in SIberia working on an HIV Issue- and was wondering if I could get your advice. I need to do an anti-discrimination training, I wondered if you had any ideas about adapting the managing HIV in the workplace- or sections of it. Looking forward to hearing from you- I hope you are well- Thank you- Always-Lucy

Response from Ms. Breuer

Lucy! I've wondered where you went! Congratulations. What a great project.

The only section of Managing HIV at Work that probably wouldn't work is the section on the ADA. Don't think Russia yet has anything like the ADA. But as for the rest: feel free! Please stay in touch, and strength to you. Accepting people who have a feared diagnosis is a huge challenge in a country where differentness is not always valued. (Not unlike our country!) I'd focus on Felice and her point of view--she's an appealing advocate for fairness. Warm greetings, Nancy

Starting Work with HIV
Ofbenefittoall.com