My Disabilty was denied, PLEASE HELP

Hello, I applied for SSI & SSD at the same time in July of 2005, I just received a letter of denial. I am even more devistated now. I was diagnosed 8/2004, numbers were: 119tcells, 32k viral load. I am on Kaletra & Truvada,now my #'s are 262tcells & undectable. My doctor recommends I stay out of work for at least a year or more. I stopped working in July 2005. I have no income. I hired Binder & Binder to take the case & appeal.Here are my questions: is my undectable status playing a factor? Do I have to wait a yr or more for approval?(which I was told is the time span) Is there any emergency financial aid from ADAP, GMHC, or any organization to help me bridge the gap from now until approval.It's bad enough to have been diagnosed, and I worked for the past 21 years , and to be declined is just devistating. As I type to you, I am shaking. I have literally lost sleep over this. Please advise & guide me through the proper channels. Thank you in advance, Frank

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am unaware of any gap coverage avaialble to you. I suggest that you raise these questions with Binder & Binder or a legal aid group in your city as they would be best able to assist you.

Life, Heath & LT Disability
if i file on my insurance will my job find out