Life, Heath & LT Disability

I was diagnosed with AIDS in Nov. I am unsure just how long I have been +, but I feel great and am on meds. I currently do not have insurance and am on the Ryan White program. I am about to begin a new job with a large (major) company and am so scared about being + and signing up for insurance. Should I sign up for all that is available and will they ask me about my health on any of the forms. I have not disclosed my status to my employer and would rather it remain that way. Can you also tell me where to go for other information regarding workplace law and AIDS.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You should sign up for the health care coverage available to you. With a large employer, you will be covered under a group health plan and your health status will be confidential. With the exception of supplemental life insurance, most health and welfare plans like medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, long term disability, long term care, etc. will not ask you to complete a health questionnaire as lomg as you enroll during your inital enriollment period.

Is it possible to still be insurable
My Disabilty was denied, PLEASE HELP