Is it possible to still be insurable

I've been on ssi/ssdi, and medi/medi for about 2 years. My health is improving and I want to go back to work and get off ssi/ssdi because it is a financial trap. You could only make so much so it does not affect your benefits and your basicly stuck living a life mediocrity at best. I hear horror stories about how now one will insure me if I do decide to go back to work and try to get on a group health plan so I could get out this financial hole. My question is it possible to still get private insurance, through a group policy plan should I decide to back to work.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you were to go back to work at a company that offers you a health plan, you wouldn't need an individual policy. Since you are currently covered under state and federal programs, if you were to get coverage under an employer's group health plan, no pre-exsiting condition clause would apply to you (assumes you have been covered for at least 12 months and do not have a break in coverage after your state/federal plans end of greater than 63 days). If you were to lose your job or become unable to work, you would be eligible to continue your coverage under COBRA (assumes the employer is subject to COBRA). At the end of COBRA, you would be able to purchase a HIPAA policy.

insurance plans for people who are HIV +
Life, Heath & LT Disability