med ins

hello Lynn ihave a question i hope u can help me i live in fl and have been hiv for 8yrs and im on disabilty my cd count is 894 and vir is undet my question i want to go back to work but im scare that i won,t get health ins,I have now though my medcaied but if i do start work and they offer ins will the conpany find out about my staticis does the health ins keep all records to them self,thank you sign pr fl

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you were to be employed by a mid to large size company that offers health care benefits to all of its employees, as long as you enroll in coverage during your inital enrollment period, you should have no problem with health care coverrage. If it is a small employer with a plan that is rated based on their experience, high medical costs of one individual could impact the emplyer's premium. However, an inusrance company cannot disclose any claim information about a covered plan participant with the employer as it would violate HIPAA confidentiality rules. so i would not worry about the employer finding out about your health status.

Meds costs
Drug Coverage on Prescription Plan