Meds costs

I have a BCBS PPO policy and have heard/read about how the premiums go up when the claims are high. In order to keep my premiums at a normal (whatever that is) level, should I pay for MEDS myself? is this a smart thing to do? or should I use the insurance prescription coverage? Thanks for all your advise on this site!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you have an individual BCBS PPO policy, it is probably priced by age so I do not think that increased costs incurred by you for meds would increase your premium. However, if you are in a small group plan, your increased costs could impact the premium renewal.

husband being forced to quit
med ins