can i still be a doctor

im not sure if im HIV+, but I am currently a college student. if someone has goals to be a doctor and they become HIV+, do you think that they will still be able to obtain their goal? a healthy HIV+ person could be an HIV/AIDS specialist right?

Response from Ms. Breuer

A healthy HIV+ person can be a doctor, and isn't confined to infectious diseases as a specialty. I encourage you to move forward with your idea, and become the best doc you can be. To avoid putting yourself in a sitation where your status could prevent you from working, just avoid surgery as a specialty. The world of medicine is varied and enormous. Have a great time choosing your field!

hiv and ssi medicare
Health Care Costs