Employment at a blood ctr

Hi--I just recently got a part time job at a blood and tissue center which is regulated by the FDA-all types of Blood agencies--and I am afraid if they find out I am Hiv+ they will find a reason to get rid of me--I am just now feeling well enough to go back to work--after finding out I was sick 2 years ago--Have had Hiv for a very long time and didnt know.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Unless you have plans to mingle your blood with the samples, you pose no threat at work and there is no logical reason to let you go.

How would they find out if you don't tell them? Employers often know a lot, but they're not omniscient. The wise ones know that your medical information is private and it's better for them NOT to know it. Once they do, they can be accused of using it against you.

Congratulations on getting yourself well enough to work again. I hope you can relax and enjoy all the benefits of being employed and let this worry go.

RELOCATING WITHIN THE STATE. WHAT DO I DO?
Was this legal of them to bar me from work?