|New Disability Insurance for HIV+
Aug 23, 2005
Hi ... are you aware of any organizations that will offer STD or LTD coverage for those that are HIV+ but without symptoms currently ???
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
I am unaware of any individual disability policies available for people who are HIV+. However, if you were to become employed at a company that offered disability coverage, you would have group STD and LTD coverage while employed and many group disability policies have conversion provisions. In addition, there are state disability programs in 5 states - New York, New Jersey, California, Rhode Island and Hawaii. If you reside in any of those states and you are employed, you would have state short term disability coverage.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.