Need HELP!!!, with Insurance matters

My cobra is about to run out in 2 months. I was diagnosed with HIV in 2003. I am working but it is a part time job and does not give benefits to adjuncts. I have asked my former employer for a conversion plan and they said they do not offer it to HMO's. I know if i lose this insurance it would be impossible to get more. What should I do? Scared in atlanta

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You would be eligible to purchase a HIPAA policy once your COBRA coverage ends as long as you don't have a break in coverage of greater than 63 days. Blue Cross and Blue Shield offer HIPAA policies as do all other insurance companies that offer individual policies. You could contact a local insurance broker to help you determine what plans would be available to you in your area.

Insurance & HIV+
Insurance