Insurance for self-employed

My Cobra was terminated on 6/30/2005 I'm filling with Blue Cross Blue Shield and they never informed me, but I found out that they need letter of termination of my last insurance(I already faxed)and letter of non coversion from my prior insurance. Prior insurance not make such letter. Now Im without insurance and cannot continue my treatment, labs and doctors visit. Non coverage letter is more important that a client? Why need to be such difficult to get a plan? I paid already for 2 month $1104.00 and I still whithout a heealth plan. Please give me any input on this matter. ET

Response from Ms. Franzoi

When your COBRA coverage ended, did you apply for and receive coverage under a Blue Cross policy? If so, it was probably a HIPAA policy and Blue Cross is asking you for is a Certificate of Creditable Coverage along with proof of the date that your prior coverage ended. You need to get both from your prior insurance carrier. This is because the Blue Cross policy probably has a pre-existing condition clause which means the plan won't cover any treatment for 12 months for a pre-exsiting condition you had when coverage began. However, if you can prove that you did not have a break in coverage greater than 63 days, the Blue Cross plan must recognize your period of prior coverage towards that 12-month exclusion period. This means that if you did not have a break in coverage after COBRA ended of more than 63 days and you had COBRA for the full 18 months, no pre-existing exclusion can be applied to you. However, you need to provide preoof, i.e., the Certificate of Creditable Coverage and proof of the date coverage ended.

HSA and HIV?
employee paid health insurance premiums